Hello! It’s the final day of Celiac Awareness Month, and Allergy Awareness Week was a few weeks ago. I dropped the ball, friends. We closed the Branson bakery so our family could focus on our health, and I have not been blogging or keeping up with social media well, but today I want to share a post that hits on Celiac Disease and food allergies, but also Vitacost’s 25th Birthday!
Vitacost is an online store offering thousands of gluten-free, allergy-friendly, and Vegan products. They ship orders directly to your door, typically in 2-3 days, which is particularly helpful if you live in an area with limited allergy-friendly food options, or are unable to shop due to illness or other factors. Shipping is free for orders over $49, and Vitacost sends out frequent sale codes to their email list, so be sure to sign up for that!
Vitacost approached us when they noticed we used their products in our home bakery, and were tagging them in Instagram posts. We entered a simple partnership whereupon we receive products from participating brands to sample and share on social media. We jumped at the chance to work with Vitacost because we love the company and trying new things!
For Vitacost’s 25th Birthday I’m sharing 25 of products we purchase monthly. My hope is you’ll find something you’d like to try from the list!
The two years before we opened our Branson storefront we ran a home bakery in Denver, and we ordered almost every ingredient from Vitacost! We also depended on Vitacost when we lived in Branson last year, as we struggled to find allergy-friendly foods locally. We drove 45 minutes each way to find the foods we needed. That was tough while running the bakery, as we worked freakishly long hours. Luckily we found 80% of our family’s safe foods on Vitacost, and only needed to buy our fruits, vegetables, meats, and perishables locally. See our favorite food recommendations below.
Home and Bakery Pantry Staples
1. Simply Organic Pre-Brew Coffee Spices The cinnamon-orange blend is so good we panic when we run out!
2. Lundburg White Arborio Rice Cooks up thick and plump. Perfect for risotto!
3. Lundburg Rice Cakes Top with whatever is safe for you- nut or seed butters, or chocolate spreads.
4. Lundburg Spanish Rice Pair with black beans for an easy dinner. Great for Meatless Mondays!
5. Tinkyada Rice Elbows Gluten-free goulash is our younger son’s favorite!
6. Tinkyada Vegetable Spirals Toss with olive oil and sautéed vegetables for a cold pasta salad.
7. Pacific Foods Coconut Beverage My favorite dairy-free, nut-free milk for cereal and smoothies.
8. Good Crisp Potato Chips Our gluten-free, soy-free, seed-free son LOVES the Sour Cream & Onion flavor! He says they are just like the Pringles he used to eat before his food allergy diagnosis.
9. Eden Foods Apple Sauce Love that it’s just apples. So pure!
10. Coconut Secret Aminos A great replacement for soy sauce and other gluten-containing flavorings. We use it on almost every savory dish we prepare!
11. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips And Snacks A trusted staple for many allergy families. Vitacost often puts this brand on sale, and their every day prices are discounted.
12. Authentic Foods Rice Flours We have used baking basics from Authentic Foods in our bakery from day one. This gluten-free company’s creator has personal experience with Celiac Disease.
13. Simply Organic Whole Vanilla Beans This brand offers individual spices, spice blends, extracts, and flavorings. We’ve used them for years!
14. Wholesome Organic Powdered Sugar Love that it’s corn-free!
15. Wholesome Organic Dark Brown Sugar Molasses-heavy, and so rich! We’ve never used another brand of sugar in our bakes, with good reason!
Vitacost isn’t only the best place to shop online for organic, gluten-free, allergy-friendly, and Vegan foods. They also offer natural, cruelty-free products for the body and home. Our family purchases all of our supplements and many of our personal care items from Vitacost. For consistent consumables like vitamins we pre-schedule deliveries using the Set And Save feature. We simply add items to a list, pick a recurring delivery day, and our box of products is left on our step each month! See more of our recommendations below.
Vitamins and Supplements
16. New Chapter Every Day Women’s Vitamin I use these supplements religiously, and love how potent the blends are. I actually FEEL the difference when I take them!
17. New Chapter Turmeric Force Nighttime Helpful for sleep and inflammation.
18. Vitafusion Gummy Vitamins Know someone with Sensory Processing Disorder, or can’t swallow pills? These may be the answer! One of our sons with SPD takes them no problem.
19. Country Life’s Gluten-Free D3 Softgels The one supplement our family never skips! Tiny, and easy to swallow.
Personal Care Products
20. Andalou Naturals Clear Skin Kombucha Cleanser Now that I’m in my 40s I’m paying attention to my skin, but I’m not willing to use much on it. Andalou products that are nature-derived, cruelty-free, and gentle.
21. Andalou Naturals Lift & Firm Cream Love how light it is!
22. Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Liquid Soap Listen, if you didn’t have a hippie baby boomer in your childhood life, I feel a little bad for you. I learned a lot from my aunt, whose house always smells like eucalyptus. We dilute Bronner’s in bottles fitted with foaming pumps. 1 part soap to 2 parts water. Economical and eco-friendly!
Finally, did you know Vitacost has their own brand? We use several of their items in our bakery and personal life.
Vitacost Brand Must-Haves
21. Campfire Blend Coffee I’m a coffee snob, and I LOVE this blend!
22. Stevia Extract Love that this stevia doesn’t have an aftertaste. Perfect for sweetening drinks and smoothies.
23. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut If you’ve ever had our chocolate pies, this made the crust you ate!
24. Coconut Oil You can never have enough coconut oil in your life!
25. Probiotic Powder Good for the guts. Dilutes well in water, or can be added to smoothies.
There you have it! 25 of our favorite products purchased from vitacost.com. I didn’t list everything we purchase, just 25 of our favorites. It was honestly difficult to choose, because we freaking love it all!
Happy 25th, Vitacost! As a Celiac and multiple food allergy family, your product lines, discounted prices, and convenience help us so much. We love you!